Language is a vital part of culture and heritage. In this context, IHA’s aims and objectives are:
1. To preserve and promote India’s linguistic interests related to Hindi language globally and to instill human values inherent in its literature.
2. To foster friendship and understanding between and across Hindi and Non-Hindi speaking people through the learning and teaching of Hindi.
3. To provide civic and cultural education through quality publications, seminars, and conventions, and to generate interest in the learning of Hindi among younger generation by assisting and persuading educational institutions such as High Schools, Colleges, and Universities.
4. To bring together Hindi speaking diasporas by organizing events such as Kavi Sammelans, Hindi Stage Shows, and Hindi Divas, etc.
5. To establish and promote a center of eminent Hindi scholars and encourage them to write and translate relevant works in Hindi.